autarkical asked: do the Oscars give you any feels?
the Oscars give me very little feels.
Stephen, his blood wooed by grace of language and gesture, blushed.
— James Joyce, Ulysses (via peggysue0721)
a list of recent random notes from my phone #2
- Argument with my father on the transmigration of souls.
- Brutalism’s short summer.
- We made ourselves sick on crisps just to play this game.
- Vince Eager, Morrissey’s pseudonym.
- W. H. Auden’s list of emotional milestones.
- How can I live a serious life without the right armchair? How can I be expected to produce anything of note or worth if I’m not living seriously?
- The body mechanism, that ancient system; jewel of antiquity greater than religion itself.
- In Harold and Maude: possession of a stolen shovel.
- Laughing heir.
- The Two Houses of the United States Congress: government by temper tantrum.
- There is an old Vulcan saying: Only Nixon could go to China.
- Baker’s Dozen - bakers were always being accused of cheating, so they began the habit of delivering an extra loaf to every dozen they delivered: 13th loaf: the baker’s dozen.
- 1588, Armada year.
- Gift shop at Dachau.
- Like Henry VIII putting the boot in.
- Pre-Raphaelite’s Millais, selling out to Pears’ Soap.
- The long-lawn sprawling scenes of Ibsen.
- All the ideas we have of ourselves from reflections in shop windows.
- Not knowing the calendar day through self-neglect.
- Bonnie Prince Billy: laureate of the bed.
- My stark, resonant hatred of the ultra-masculine.
- Larkin’s ‘Nothing, like something, happens everywhere.’